Research title: The undervalued set piece: Analysis of soccer throw-ins during the English Premier League 2018–2019 season.
🗞Journal: International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching
🏛 Universities and faculties involved: Sport and Human Performance Research Group, Sport and Physical Activity Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University.
👉Click here if you’re interested in subscribing:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SSPS_videos @ssps_videos
🎥 COACH Christian Surace
If you feel like this video was worth your time and added value to your life, please SHARE THE VIDEO!🌍
📚Other researches on the topic:
1. Lago C and Martın R. Determinants of possession of the ball in soccer. J Sports Sci 2007; 25: 969–974.
2. Lago-Pen~as C, Lago-Ballesteros J, Dellal A, et al. Game- related statistics that discriminated winning, drawing and losing teams from the Spanish soccer league. J Sports Sci Med 2010; 9: 288–293.
3. Yue Z, Broich H and Mester J. Statistical analysis for the soccer matches of the first Bundesliga. Int J Sports Sci Coach 2014; 9: 553–560.
4. Zhao YQ and Zhang H. Analysis of goals in the English Premier League. Int J Perform Anal Sport 2019; 19: 820–831.
5. Yiannakos A and Armatas V. Evaluation of the goal scoring patterns in European Championship in Portugal 2004. Int J Perform Anal Sport 2006; 6: 178–188.
6. Strafford BW, Smith A, North JS, et al. Comparative analysis of the top six and bottom six teams’ corner kick strategies in the 2015/2016 English Premier League. Int J Perform Anal Sport 2019; 19: 904–918.
7. Casal CA, Maneiro R, Arda ́ T, et al. Effectiveness of indirect free kicks in elite soccer. Int J Perform Anal Sport 2014; 14: 744–760.
8. Link D, Kolbinger O, Weber H, et al. A topography of free kicks in soccer. J Sport Sci 2016; 34: 2312–2320.
9. Almeida CH, Volossovitch A and Duarte R. Penalty kick
outcomes in UEFA club competitions (2010-2015): the roles of situational, individual and performance factors. Int J Perform Anal Sport 2016; 16: 508–522.
10. International Football Association Board. Laws of the game 2019/20, https://www.theifab.com (2019, accessed 25 November 2020).
Stone et al. 839
11. McKinley E. Game of throw-ins. American soccer anal- ysis, https://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/ 2018/11/27/game-of-throw-ins (2018, accessed 3 May 2020).
12. Casal CA, Maneiro R, Arda T, et al. Analysis of corner kick success in Elite Soccer. Int J Perform Anal Sport 2015; 15: 430–451.
13. Statsbomb. Database for the English Premier League during the 2018-2019 season, https://statsbomb.com (2020, accessed 20 October 2020).
14. Siegle M and Lames M. Game interruptions in elite soccer. J Sport Sci 2012; 30: 619–624.
15. Linthorne NP and Thomas JM. The effect of ball spin rate on distance achieved in a long soccer throw-in. Pro Eng 2016; 147: 677–682.
16. Kline LE and Samonisky M. The soccer throw-in. J Phys Educ Rec 1981; 52: 57–59.
17. Stanculescu G, Melenco I and Popa C. A comparative study on the evolution of the parameters in professional soccer matches. Procedia Soc Behav Sci 2014; 127: 63–67.
18. Wallace JL and Norton KI. Evolution of World Cup soccer final games 1966–2010: game structure, speed and play patterns. J Sci Med Sport 2014; 17: 223–228.
19. Bascombe C. Jurgen Klopp appoints ‘throw-in’ coach at Liverpool. The Telegraph, 9 June 2018, https://www.tele graph.co.uk/football/2018/08/26/jurgen-klopp-appoints- throw-in-coach-liverpool
20. Fleiss JL. Statistical methods for rates and proportions (2nd ed.). New York, NY: John Wiley, 1981.
21. Statsbomb. StatsBomb Specification, https://statsbomb. com (2019, accessed 11 January 2021).
22. Szczepanski Ł and McHale I. Beyond completion rate: evaluating the passing ability of footballers. J R Stat Soc A 2016; 179: 513–533.